CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lentil Loaf

I just realized that for all my talk of eating healthy, the only recipes I have posted are treats! So here is something good for you and delicious.

1-1/8 C Green Lentils
2-1/4 C Water
6 slices wheat bread, torn into small pieces
2 Eggs
1 C Vegetable Broth
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Packet Dry Vegetable Soup Mix
1/3 C Dried Bread Crumbs

For the dried spices, I like to use fresh, but either are good. Combine Lentils and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 9x5 loaf pan. In a large bowl mix everything together minus the bread crumbs. Spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and bake another 10 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. This is also good the next day on a sandwich!

1 Constructive Criticism:

Amy said...

I dont like the word loaf. it's my moist. otherwise, i cant wait to try this...